We have a direct integration with Sage Intacct that allows you to seamlessly integrate and push information from Ramp to Sage to always keep an up to date and accurate account of spend. We also want you to have full control over what happens so we don’t change any settings on your Sage instance nor do we create accounts or vendors without your permission.
If you are using multiple subsidiaries, we will infer the appropriate subsidiary to sync to based on the location you nominate for the transaction. When we sync over transactions, we sync them over as a credit card transaction. For reimbursements, we send them as bills and settle them with bill payments.
We’ve also built some additional features to make the integration more robust:
- Custom fields and UDD: We will pull in custom fields from your Sage Intacct configuration as well as any UDD’s to allow you to code everything you need within Ramp.
- Receipt Attachment: the receipt within Ramp will sync over as an attachment to your Sage instance. If an employee uploads a receipt to a transaction after that transaction has been synced, we will automatically send that receipt over without you having to manually add it to your instance.
- Note: if this is not the case, it is likely a permission that wasn’t granted during the setup. If you’ve confirmed that all permissions were granted, please reach out to our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What it looks like
- Reconciliation / Charge Payoff
- Bill Pay
- Custom Fields and UDD’s
What it looks like
Below is what the Accounting screen will look like once you connect Sage Intacct. The dimensions shown will depend on your configuration
Please follow the instructions here to set up Sage Intacct.
Note: if you are a multi-currency account, you will need to create a credit card at each entity level (not at the top-level)
Ramp card transactions show up as a card transaction on Sage. To see them, go to:
Cash management -> credit card transactions.
Note: the receipt will sync under the Attachment line (no receipt for this transaction) and the memo will be “first name last name - memo” (cardholder name).
Reconciliation / Charge Payoff
So once the Credit Card has been used, it must be paid to clear the expense. This requires the creation of a Charge Payoff. This results in an AP Bill being created. This then must also be paid to clear the Bank and reduce all liability accounts. There are quite a few postings involved here, and it is wise to understand at what point different accounts are hit and what will hit the Cash and Accrual books, and when.
The amount for the credit card account will only appear on the Cash Book after the Bill is paid. If this is posted, but not paid it appears on the Accrual Book. Once this is paid, users will see the money reflected on the Cash Book
Please see below for an illustration of expected behavior through the process
- Credit card used and charge recorded
Accrual Book - Debit Expense A/C, Credit 'Credit Card Accrual'
Cash Book - No impact
- Charge Payoff (move from credit card to AP)
Accrual Book - Debit Credit Card Accrual, Credit Accounts Payable
Cash Book - No impact
- Pay Credit Card Vendor AP Bill
Accrual Book - Debit Accounts Payable, Credit Cash
Cash Book - Debit Expense, Credit Cash
Reimbursements are created as bills on Sage, and a bill payment is created if it is paid through ACH on Ramp. The bill will sync over to the default AP Account (not possible to change this on the Ramp side currently) on Sage.
- It will be mark as unpaid if selected as Manual Pay on Ramp.
- If paid through ACH on Ramp, we will also sync a Bill Payment that credits the cash account selected under Default Accounts in Ramp
For Bills, click the drop down menu at the top -> Accounts Payable -> Bills. The vendor is set as the employee reimbursed: “Last name first initial (email)” so this will be how you can quickly identify the Ramp reimbursements. Once you click “view” next to one of the bills, you can see the information that was coded within Ramp (example below).
For Bill Payments, go to the default cash account selected in Ramp
Bill Pay for Sage is currently being built. For the most up to date information, please reference this article.
Custom Fields and UDD’s
We will pull in any custom fields or UDD’s you have within Sage so you can code everything you need within Ramp to take advantage of all the automations we’ve built for you.
For custom fields or UDDs to be displayed in Ramp, they need to be in the form of a single selectable value from either a custom list or a list of custom records. We will pull any options for you to code as well as make them available to any automations (i.e. pre-coding cards and rules)
Note: the word “restricted” is a reserved word for Sage so we cannot pull any field that has that name