Ramp offers multiple ways for you to submit receipts and memos for transactions on your Ramp card. The following article will cover submitting items for such transactions.
- Ways to Submit Receipts
- Leveraging our Automatic Receipt Matching
- Forwarding receipts via additional email addresses
- Submitting Memos via Email
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like your company to reimburse you for spend incurred on your personal card, you may refer to this reimbursement article. If you are an admin and would like to set up reimbursements for transactions made on your employees' cards, please view this guide.
Ways to Submit Receipts
After you make a transaction on your Ramp card, you can send your receipts to Ramp in a few ways:
Text us at HIRAMP
(447-267) - we will match
For international users, please text 844-331-1023
|Text us - we will add the memo to the last transaction
|Click the submission link sent via SMS for a mobile-friendly submission flow
(Reimbursements must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Add "memo: enter your memo" in the body of the email
|Directly edit fields from your email if using Gmail
Click into the transaction to upload the receipt or bulk upload via the missing items section.
|Click into the transaction or missing items section and add memo
Click into the transaction or missing items section and enter field
Capture a receipt using our mobile app or use the share extension on your phone
|Tap into the transaction to record your memo
Scroll further to add your accounting fields in-app
Send your receipt to the Ramp app on Slack
(Simple type /ramp, press enter, then attach a picture of your receipt to the next message)
|Add a memo when Slack app prompts you to (after receipt has been matched)
Click into the link within Slack to enter the fields within the Ramp website
Leveraging our Automatic Receipt Matching
Ramp offers automatic receipt matching for multiple languages / countries and international currencies, which means that we'll automatically match your receipts to the correct transactions in a matter of seconds. You no longer have to spend time finding receipts and attaching them to your transactions— Ramp will do it for you.
- For transactions made in person, we'll notify you via SMS when a receipt is required. Simply reply with a photo of your receipt or text us at HIRAMP (447-267). Any text you add to this SMS will be added as a memo.
- For transactions made online, we'll notify you via email when a receipt is required. Simply respond, or email/forward your receipt(s) directly to email@example.com. Simply add "memo: enter your memo" in the body of the email after attaching to the email the receipt for that specific transaction, and we'll automatically add the memo.
- Set up automatic receipt forwarding from your mailbox. We've written more about this here.
- Supports image types: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf
- The maximum receipt upload size is 50MB
- The maximum page length for PDFs is 50 pages
- To include a memo when forwarding your receipts, simply enter "Memo: insert memo here" into the body of the email that you send to us
- Ramp will send you weekly emails each Friday reminding you of any missing items
- Save our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can forward multiple receipts to us at once
Forwarding receipts via additional email addresses
Any receipt forwarded from the email associated with your Ramp account will be automatically matched to a transaction. You can also accept receipts from other email addresses, such as your personal email address.
- Go to your profile
- Click 'Edit Profile' to add each address you want to accept receipts from
- You'll then be prompted to enter the code sent to your email for verification
Note: An email address can only be linked to one Ramp account at a time, which includes the 'Receipt Forwarding' option above.
You can also set up automatic forwarding of email receipts. Read more about that here.
Submitting Memos via Email
If you are using Gmail, you can directly enter memos and other fields within the email thanks to the power for interactive emails. No more logging in!
Frequently Asked Question
What file types can I submit my receipt in? Currently, you can submit receipts to Ramp in the following image formats: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf
- How long does it take for Ramp to match my receipt? It takes a few seconds for Ramp to match a receipt. We'll inform you whether a receipt has been successfully matched via SMS or email, depending on the type of receipt. If we don't find a match with your transactions, we'll also search transactions from other employees across the company for a match.
- What do I do if I'm missing a receipt? You can click on the transaction on your Ramp dashboard. To ask to dismiss the receipt requirement, please navigate to the transaction or click on the 'Missing Items' banner from your 'My Ramp' tab. Once the transaction is open, please scroll and locate the vertical dots, then click on 'Request Policy Exemption'
Why hasn't my receipt matched? Ramp will do its best to match your receipts, but there'll be times when our system will have a harder time finding the right match. Some common reasons this happens are:
- Difference in date on the charge vs. the receipt
- Multiple charges on a single receipt
- Multiple transactions with similar information (eg. recurring SaaS spend)
If Ramp isn't able to match your receipt, don't worry! You can just head over to your Ramp account, find the transaction that needs a receipt, and upload your receipt directly. Some things to keep in mind when you're uploading receipts in your Ramp account:
- You can upload the same receipt to multiple transactions (eg. you purchase two items at Amazon, they ship separately, creating two separate charges, but you have only one receipt for both items)
- Our system won't always be able to auto-verify receipts; if you're sure that you have the right receipt for the transaction, you should be all set!