Admins are the super-users of Ramp. They are accountable for managing business-level considerations for your company's Ramp account. As a result, Admins have access to Ramp's full capabilities and controls, and are responsible for:
- Set-Up: Setting up company-wide controls for Ramp, which includes linking company bank accounts, setting up auto-pay, inviting new team members, applying monitoring controls on the business level, and more.
- Card & User Management: Inviting new team members to be Ramp users, setting individual limits, monitoring balances and transactions.
- Accounting: Customizing Ramp to match the company's existing accounting structure, integrating accounting software with Ramp, viewing statement history.
- Savings: Redeeming earned cash back, accessing savings insights and our partner reward program.
While there are no restrictions with the number of Ramp Admins you can invite to your business, we recommend proceeding with care. With great power, comes great responsibility.
Bookkeepers are employees or third-parties, who are given access to the company's Ramp activity data to help with bookkeeping. Bookkeepers have access to all Accounting capabilities in their Ramp dashboards at https://ramp.com/accounting/manage and can still use Ramp cards. This allows Bookkeepers to:
- Integrate accounting software with Ramp
- Sync Ramp financial data to the linked accounting software
- Customize Ramp to match the company's existing accounting structure
- View and download company's Ramp financial data and statements
Employees are all other company employees who can make purchases through their individual Ramp cards. Each Employee can be issued physical or virtual cards, or request cards. Each Employee also gains access to their individual Ramp dashboard, where they can view their cards, associated monthly limits and current balance. Employees can text or email receipts and memos to Ramp which are automatically matched to the right transaction.
4. Card Managers
Card Managers are users with the ability to invite, issue cards, and oversee the spend of their own teams. As they invite their people to Ramp, those new users will be added to their team automatically. Managers gain oversight over all their team’s transactions and receive spend and limit alerts and insights.
- Like Admins, Card Managers can change their own limits and extend Ramp invites to their team. However, if you head to settings → Approval flows, you can set up a step so that Managers require approvals for cards they’re creating and limits on those cards, as well as for reimbursement approvals:
- Unlike Admins, Card Managers do not have access to company-wide spend, company settings, accounting functionality, or the ability to make payments.
Typically, companies promote the head of departments as Card Managers on Ramp in order to grant them oversight of their team’s spending. Card Managers can invite other managers under them as needed.