Admins are the super-users of Ramp. They are accountable for managing business-level considerations for your company's Ramp account. As a result, Admins have access to Ramp's full capabilities and controls, and are responsible for:
- Set-Up: Setting up company-wide controls for Ramp, which includes linking company bank accounts, setting up auto-pay, inviting new team members, applying monitoring controls on the business level, and more.
- Card & User Management: Inviting new team members to be Ramp users, setting individual limits, monitoring balances and transactions.
- Accounting: Customizing Ramp to match the company's existing accounting structure, integrating accounting software with Ramp, viewing statement history.
- Savings: Redeeming earned cash-back, accessing savings insights and our partner reward program.
While there are no restrictions with the number of Ramp Admins you can invite to your business, we recommend proceeding with care. With great power, comes great responsibility.
Bookkeepers are employees or third-parties, who are given access to the company's Ramp activity data to help with bookkeeping. Bookkeepers are not allowed to make purchases through Ramp, and therefore, do not have access to Ramp cards. Bookkeepers have access to all Accounting capabilities in their Ramp dashboards at https://ramp.com/accounting/manage. This allows Bookkeepers to:
- Integrate accounting software with Ramp
- Sync Ramp financial data to the linked accounting software
- Customize Ramp to match the company's existing accounting structure
- View and download company's Ramp financial data and statements
Cardholders are all company employees who can make purchases through their individual Ramp cards. Each Cardholder is issued one virtual card, with the option to request one physical card. Each Cardholder also gains access to their individual Ramp dashboard, where they can view their own monthly limit and current balance, as well as set personal controls. Cardholders can text or email receipts and memos to Ramp which are automatically matched to the right transaction.
4. Card Managers (NEW!)
Card Managers are users with the ability to invite, issue cards, and oversee the spend of their own teams. As they invite their people to Ramp, those new cardholders will be added to their team automatically. Managers gain oversight over all their team’s transactions and receive spend and limit alerts and insights.
- Like Admins, Card Managers can change their own limits and extend Ramp invites to their team.
- Unlike Admins, Card Managers do not have access to company-wide spend, company settings, accounting functionality, or the ability to make payments.
Typically, companies promote the head of departments as Card Managers on Ramp in order to grant them oversight of their team’s spending. Card Managers can invite other managers under them as needed.