Purchase Orders (POs) created via Ramp Procurement can be natively synced into NetSuite and Quickbooks.
- Use Ramp POs to issue spend to employees and track spending by matching invoices to Ramp POs.
- Set up accounting coding on Ramp POs to automate invoice coding for AP teams.
If you're using Sage Intacct, Xero, or Universal CSV, you can still code accounting on Ramp POs with your chart of accounts and fields and export via CSV.
Add accounting coding to Ramp POs
Admins and Bookkeepers can add accounting coding to pending or approved POs. This streamlines the process for automating invoice coding once the invoice is matched to the PO.
Navigate to the "Accounting" tab in the specific purchase order to add coding.
- If multi-entity, choose the entity that you'd like to create the PO in.
- Fill in all the required fields for the PO. This will depend on your accounting provider settings but most accounting providers require a Start Date, Location, and Merchant/Vendor.
- Add categories to individual line items.
Once you've added the required coding. Click "Sync to Accounting Provider" to create the PO record in your accounting provider. After a few seconds, the PO record will be created and linked back to the Ramp PO.
Match invoices to Ramp POs
- When you upload an invoice via Ramp Bill Pay, you'll see a "Matching purchase order" dropdown that searches through Ramp POs and any imported POs. We will automatically suggest Ramp POs by the vendor or PO#.
- Once you choose a Matching PO, you can automate coding per invoice line item. Click on "Use a PO line item" to bring in the coding from the PO line item.
- After you sync the invoice to your accounting provider, the invoice and PO line items will be matched.
Note that line items must be the exact same type (Expense or Item). Once you've added a matched line item, you won't be able to override the coding for certain fields depending on the line item type (Category field for Expense and Inventory Item field for Item). This check is in place to remove any discrepancies in the coding between the invoice and the PO.