Delegate an approver for your Ramp inbox when you're going out of the office, whether you're feeling under the weather, taking a vacation, or going on leave. Set someone as your backup to unblock your team's spend. Jump to:
- What can the delegate approver do and see?
- Who can be a delegate approver?
- Who can assign a delegate approver? How is this assigned?
- What happens to approval chains and the Activity tab?
What can the delegate approver do and see?
Delegate approvers can do the following on behalf of their assigned user(s):
Receive approval requests on behalf of the delegator (Card requests, transactions reviews, reimbursements, bills)
Receive the weekly "Missing Items" email on behalf of the delegator
View all transactions of the team in the transactions tab
Who can be a delegate approver?
Only managers, admins, and owners can be assigned as a delegate approver. Custom groups cannot be assigned. The original approver will continue to get notifications and be able to see their approvals queue.
Upon assignment and unassignment, both the delegate approver and original approver get an email confirmation that another Ramp user has added or removed them as a backup approver.
Who can assign a delegate approver? How is this assigned?
If you have approvals at Ramp, you can assign your delegate approver by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/profile
- At the bottom of the page, under Delegate Approver, click the toggle and start typing the name of your delegate
- Click on the user you want to assign, toggle the feature on, and you're done!
If you are an Admin, you can assign delegate approvers to other users by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/people
- Select the user who needs a delegate approver assigned to them, then click Edit Profile
- Scroll down on the Edit Profile drawer to Delegate Approver, click the toggle and start typing the name of your delegate
- Click on the delegate you want to assign, toggle the feature on, and you're done!
What happens to approval chains and the Activity tab?
Both the original approver and delegate approver will see pending requests and have the ability to approve them. The approval chains will be updated to reflect the delegate approver's name. Hovering over the double-person icon will show who the original approver is. The same will be reflected in the Activity tab to show the delegate approver's name acting on behalf of the original.
Please note: Adding a delegate is not reversible for past/existing approval chains. When you turn on a delegate, it adds the delegate to both past/existing approvals and net new ones. When you turn off a delegate, it stops adding the delegate to net new approvals but does not remove the delegate from past/existing approvals where they were added.