With Universal CSV, we support every provider that we don’t have a native integration with and provide automation tools to get all of your coding done quickly! Some of the powerful features that come with Universal CSV are below:
- Import any field: Import any field from your provider such as merchant, project, department, etc. to code within Ramp
- Open text field: Option to create a column or multiple columns of open text fields for employees or bookkeepers to fill out in accordance with how your company does accounting
- Require a field for syncing: When you create a field (i.e. merchant, department, etc.), you can set that field as mandatory which will require it to be filled out before you export the data
What it looks like
Once you connect accounting, the tab will look like the below. We will pull in any cleared transactions and approved reimbursements for you to code with the fields you’ve set up.
Once you’ve coded a transaction (or a few), you can mark them as ready and select “Export” on the top right. You will then get a confirmation screen to export in the format you would like. When you export as Journal Entries, we will export a CSV with all the information you coded so you can easily import it into your Accounting Provider.
Note: you will have the option to download as JE, QBD file or IIF file. The latter two refer to Quickbooks Desktop (please reference this article for a more in depth view of QBD)
We will automatically remove these from the Accounting tab, however, if you mistakenly selected export, or want to see these back in the accounting tab, please navigate to the Export History button, select the relevant export and Select “Reset Transactions to Unsynced”.
- Select provider from the drop down menu (or type it in if it is not currently available in the drop down)
- Choose a Liability Account
- Make sure that this account is created within your Accounting Provider already
- Import Chart of Accounts
- Import your accounts to seamlessly code them within Ramp
- Add any additional fields that you would like to (you can always add more or remove any in the Accounting Settings tab)
- You can choose whether any of these are mandatory during set up (note: if you want to either add or remove a mandatory setting, you will have to edit the field and reupload with the new setting)
Once you have fully coded the intended transactions and/or reimbursements, you can Mark as Ready and Export them. Once you export as Journal Entries, a CSV / Excel file will be downloaded with all the information that you coded within Ramp. Then, you can upload to your accounting provider to make sure that these transactions are properly accounted for.
For reimbursements, we will export both a bill and a bill payment (if paid via ACH on Ramp). If there are any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill Pay for Universal CSV (all providers outside of QBO, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, and Xero) is available! For more information, please reference this article.