Ramp integrates directly with Sage Intacct, you can sync transactions at any time and leverage all the automation features and receipt matching that Ramp has to offer. The initial set up on Sage takes a few minutes and only needs to be done once.
Note: Please complete all setup steps on Sage before entering your Web Services User credentials into Ramp.
Step 1: Ensure Web Services is turned on
Navigate to Company -> Admin -> Subscriptions and turn Web Services on:
Step 2: Create a Web Services User on Sage
1. On Sage Intacct's portal navigate to "Company" -> "Admin" -> "Web Services Users".
2. Click the “Add” button in the top right.
3. Fill out the fields as below (make sure you have access to the email address):
- User ID: We recommend choosing a descriptive “User ID” like “Ramp".
- Last Name, First Name, & Email: Use your personal information and your work email, you will receive an email to confirm, make sure you have access to the email account you input.
- User type: Select “Business”
- Admin privileges: Select “Off”.
4. Click the “Save” button on the top-right corner and input your admin password to confirm the creation of a new Web Services User.
5. Depending on your Sage configuration there may be an additional permissions step.
- Upon creation of the Web Services User, you will need to assign permissions to the Web Services User. Enable all permissions by first clicking the checkbox in the top left.
- Click into the first "permissions" link on the right and enable all by checking the box labeled “All” in the top right, followed by "Save".
- Repeat the previous step for each item on the table above.
6. If you were not taken to a page to select permissions, you will need to create a "Role" for the Web Services User and assign it that role.
- To create a role, navigate to Company -> Admin -> Roles and click “Add” in the top right corner.
- Save the new role and enable all permissions as on step 5.
- Navigate back to the "Web Services User" you created and find the “Roles information” tab.
- Click on the row to reveal a dropdown, and select the role you created just from the dropdown.
- Then click “Save” in the top right.
Step 3: Authorize Ramp as a Sender on Sage
- Navigate to Company -> Setup -> Company.
- Click the “Security” and click “Edit” in the top right.
- Scroll down to the “Web services authorization” table and click “Add” in the top left.
- Fill out the form as below and click “Save”:
Step 4: Create a Credit Card Account
Note: If you are both multi-entity and multi-currency on Sage, you will have to create a credit card account at each entity that you'd like to sync to (not at the Top Level Entity).
- Navigate to Cash Management -> Setup -> Credit Card and click “Add” in the top right.
- Fill out the top half of the form as below with the ID of the card being "Ramp Card", the type being "Visa", the expiration being May 2025, the payment method being "Credit", the country being "United States", the status being "Active, and the expiration being May 2025.
- Fill out the bottom half of the form as desired. For the Credit Card Offset Account, customers often choose an offset account like "Credit Card Payables."
- Click “Save” in the top right.
Final step: Complete the setup on Ramp
1. Check the email you provided when creating the new Web Services User. You should have received an email from Sage with your new Web Services User credentials.
2. Enter your new Web Services User credentials in Ramp to begin setting up your integration.
3. Select the credit card account you created on Sage:
3a. If you are multi-entity and multi-currency, then choose the account for the entity you'd like to sync to, if you then want to sync to another card account that was created, go to Accounting -> Settings -> Default Accounts and change card account
Your integration with Sage Intacct is now complete!