Ramp integrates directly with Sage Intacct, you can sync transactions at any time and leverage all the automation features and receipt matching that Ramp has to offer. The initial set up on Sage takes a few minutes and only needs to be done once.
Note: Please complete all setup steps on Sage before entering your Web Services User credentials into Ramp.
Step 1: Ensure Web Services is turned on
Navigate to Company -> Admin -> Subscriptions and turn Web Services on:
Step 2: Create a Web Services User on Sage
1. On Sage Intacct's portal navigate to "Company" -> "Admin" -> "Web Services Users".
2. Click the “Add” button in the top right.
3. Fill out the fields as below (make sure you have access to the email address):
- User ID: We recommend choosing a descriptive “User ID” like “Ramp".
- Last Name, First Name, & Email: Use your personal information and your work email, you will receive an email to confirm, make sure you have access to the email account you input.
- User type: Select “Business”
- Admin privileges: Select “Off”.
4. Click the “Save” button on the top-right corner and input your admin password to confirm the creation of a new Web Services User.
5. Depending on your Sage configuration there may be an additional permissions step.
- If upon creation of the Web Services User you are taken to a page to assign permissions to the Web Services User, enable all permissions by first clicking the checkbox in the top left. Otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Click into the first "permissions" link on the right and enable all by checking the box labeled “All” in the top right, followed by "Save".
- Repeat the previous step for each item on the table above.
6. If you were not taken to a page to select permissions, you will need to create a "Role" for the Web Services User and assign it that role.
- To create a role, navigate to Company -> Admin -> Roles and click “Add” in the top right corner.
- Save the new role and enable all permissions as on step 5.
- Navigate back to the "Web Services User" you created and find the “Roles information” tab.
- Click on the row to reveal a dropdown, and select the role you created just from the dropdown.
- Then click “Save” in the top right.
Step 3: Authorize Ramp as a Sender on Sage
- Navigate to Company -> Setup -> Company.
- Click the “Security” and click “Edit” in the top right.
- Scroll down to the “Web services authorization” table and click “Add” in the top left.
- Fill out the form as below and click “Save”:
Step 4: Create a Credit Card Account
- Navigate to Cash Management -> Setup -> Credit Card and click “Add” in the top right.
- Fill out the top half of the form as below with the ID of the card being "Ramp Card", the type being "Visa", the expiration being May 2025, the payment method being "Credit", the country being "United States", the status being "Active, and the expiration being May 2025.
- Fill out the bottom half of the form as desired. For the Credit Card Offset Account, customers often choose an offset account like "Credit Card Payables."
- Click “Save” in the top right.
Step 5: Set up attachment sequence
1. Navigate to Company -> Company.
2. Click on "Edit" in the top right.
3. Locate the "Attachment sequence type" field under "Global settings".
If this field contains some text, then you are all set! Otherwise:
4. Click this field, and click "Add".
5. Fill out the Basic Settings form as below:
6. Fill out Advanced Settings form as:
Step 6: Set up vendor sequence
1. Navigate to Accounts Payable -> Setup -> Configuration.
2. Locate the "Vendors" field in the "Documents sequencing" section.
3. If the vendors field has any text in it like above, then you are all set! Otherwise:
4. Navigate to Company -> Setup -> Document Numbering.
5. Click "Add" in the top right.
6. Fill out the basic settings form as:
7. And the advanced settings form as:
8. Click Save.
9. Navigate back to Accounts Payable -> Setup -> Configuration, and assign the Ramp Vendor sequence you just created to the Vendors field from above. Then click "Save" in the top right.
Step 7 (only required for syncing reimbursements): Allow syncing bills without bill numbers
Intacct allows users to configure if Bill numbers are required. This can be overridden at the entity level. For example, the client might define that the Bill number is optional at the top-level and in entity # 1, but the Bill number is required in entity # 2 and entity # 3.
1. Navigate to the entity you would like to sync reimbursements to.
2. Locate the "Documents sequencing" section, under the "Dimensions setup" section.
3. Uncheck the "Bills, adjustments, and recurring bills only" checkbox, located under the "Numbers are required on" section.
4. Click Save.
5. Don't forget to repeat this step for each entity you would like to sync reimbursements to!
Final step: Complete the setup on Ramp
1. Check the email you provided when creating the new Web Services User. You should have received an email from Sage with your new Web Services User credentials.
2. Enter your new Web Services User credentials in Ramp to begin setting up your integration.
3. Select the credit card account you created on Sage:
Your integration with Sage Intacct is now complete!