Below is a quick guide on how employees can submit purchase requests on Ramp.
Submit a procurement request
Submitting a procurement request is simple and easy.
- Sign into Ramp and click "Request spend" yellow button in the top right corner.
- Look at the "From a program" section and select the request you'd like to make.
- Fill in the required questions on the form. You'll need to select the frequency (one-time or recurring), add service start/end dates, and the line items for the request. Toggle between Expense & Item to add optional Quantity / Rate.
- Once you fill in all the information, you'll clearly see the approvals that'll be required to issue a purchase order to you.
View updates on your procurement request
Ramp makes it easy for you to get the latest updates on your procurement request. No need to find loose email or Slack threads. Approvals and comments will be tracked in one place.
- View pending purchase requests under "My purchase orders" in "My Ramp."
- Click into a request to see approvals or any comments in the "Activity" tab. You'll be notified about comments and mentions via email and Slack integration (if enabled).
- Once all the approvals are completed, you'll be issued an open PO.
Upload an invoice for payment
- Once you receive an invoice from the vendor for the services, click "Upload invoice" and drop in the invoice that you've received. This will send the invoice to your AP team for payment.
- If the vendor is sending the invoice to your company's AP email inbox, you can tell them the PO# to put on the invoice for payment. Ramp will automatically match the invoice to the open PO to streamline the payment process for your finance team.