For an overview of our HRIS integration, please reference this article. For set up instructions regarding Workday, continue below.
To set up the integration between Ramp and Workday, navigate to Settings -> Integrations -> HR Integrations and select Workday (screenshot below)
Note: Workday configures their permissions on a field-level, so we’ll need access to a number of fields to get things up and running. We’ve outlined some steps for granting permissions below:
1. Create an Integration System User
You'll need to create an Integration System User in Workday, which you can do by:
- Signing into Workday
- Access the 'Create Integration System User' task
- Enter a new username
- Enter and confirm password
- Click OK
Note: You'll want to add this user to the list of System Users to make sure the password doesn't expire.
2. Create a Security Group and Assign an Integration System User
Now, add this Integration System User to a Security Group, which you can do by:
- Accessing the Create Security Group task
- Select 'User-Based Security Group'
- Name the group
- Click OK
- Select the Integration System User and click OK
- Click Done
3. Configure Domain Security Policy Permissions
You may select which domains to share
In the Security Group, you will need to edit the Domain Security Policy Permissions and add the following GET operations:
- Person Data: Work Email
- Worker Data: Current Staffing Information
- Worker Data: Public Worker Reports
- Worker Data: Organization Information
- Worker Data: Employment Data
- Job Requisition Data
- Worker Data: Workers
- Worker Data: All Positions
- Person Data: Personal Information
4. Activate Security Policy Changes
- In the search bar, type "Activate Pending Security Policy Changes" to view a summary of changes in security policy that need to be approved.
- After reviewing policies, approve the pending security policy changes in order to activate them.
5. Obtain the Web Services Endpoints for Workday Tenant
We'll need access to the Workday HR endpoints, so you can find these by:
- Searching in Workday for 'Public Web Services'
- Open 'Public Web Services Report'
- Hover over 'Human resources' and click the three dots to access the menu
- Click Web Services > View WSDL
- Navigate to the bottom of the page that opens and you'll find the host
Endpoints differ across tenants, so make sure to provide us with endpoints for each testing environment
Note: Add the ISU security group to the authentication policy in Workday to allow for access.
6. Enter Credentials into Ramp HRIS screen
You'll need to enter a few pieces of information from the steps above into Merge Link to authenticate the connection:
- Workday URL: Enter the Web Services Endpoint you found from Section 5 above
- User ID: Enter the Integration System User name for the user created in Section 1
- Password: Enter the Integration System User password for the user created in Section 1
- Workday Tenant Name: If you sign in at "https://wd5-services1.workday.com/acme", enter "acme"