The Copilot role is for an individual (e.g. an Executive Assistant) to perform certain tasks on behalf of another user (e.g. an Executive). The Copilot role is not a distinct user role on Ramp, it is a permission that can be appended to an account. Jump to:
- What can the Copilot user do?
- What notifications will the copilot receive?
- What can the Copilot user see?
- Who can assign themselves a Copilot?
- Who can be a Copilot?
- How do I assign my Copilot?
- As an Admin user, how do I assign Copilots to others?
- I'm a Copilot, how do I view my manager's transactions?
- Audit trail of Copilot edits
What can the Copilot user do?
Copilots can do the following on behalf of their assigned user(s):
- View transactions
- Submit receipts
- Fill out transaction details
- Submit/edit reimbursements
Copilots are able to create reimbursements on behalf of their assigned users, though they will not be able to add personal bank accounts.
What notifications will the Copilot receive?
Copilots will receive their assigned user's action items (such as missing business items) along with their own action items in weekly digest.
The assigned user/executive may set filters to automatically forward emails (receipts/memo/coding) to their copilot. For example, setting the Gmail filters:
subject contains "missing"
auto-forward: copilot email
What can the Copilot user see?
The Copilot can see their own transaction as an employee, in addition to the transactions and related information for the user(s) who have assigned them as Copilot. Copilots are not able to see activity beyond their designated scope, such as card numbers, even if they are assigned to an Admin user.
Copilots will also be notified of their manager's missing items in their weekly "Missing Items" email.
Who can assign themselves a Copilot?
Any user can assign one or more Copilot users to their own Ramp account. One user can have multiple Copilots. Admins can assign any user as a Copilot to any other user on Ramp.
Who can be a Copilot?
Any user can be granted Copilot permissions. Additionally, a user can be assigned as Copilot to multiple other users.
How do I assign my Copilot?
If you are a a Ramp user, you can assign your own Copilot by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/profile
- At the bottom of the page, under Copilot Role, begin typing the name of your Copilot
- Click on the user you want to assign, and you're done!
As an Admin user, how do I assign Copilots to others?
If you are an Admin, you can assign Copilots to other users by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/people
- Select the user who needs a Copilot assigned to them, then click Edit Profile
- Scroll down on the Edit Profile drawer and begin typing the Copilot's name in the "Who is your copilot" field
- Click on the Copilot you want to assign, and you're done!
I'm a Copilot, how do I view my manager's transactions?
In the bottom of your side bar, you'll now have a section titled "Co-pilot mode". Just click on this section to move into Co-pilot mode and a banner will appear across the top of your account! From the banner, you'll be able to:
- Select which user you want to copilot for
- Switch back to your Ramp