The Copilot role is for an individual, like an Executive Assistant, to perform certain tasks on behalf of another user, like an Executive. The Copilot role is not a distinct user role on Ramp, it is a permission that can be appended to an account.
What can the Copilot user do?
Copilots can do the following on behalf of their assigned user(s):
- View transactions
- Submit receipts
- Fill out transaction details
- Submit reimbursements
Copilots are able to create reimbursements on behalf of their assigned users, though they will not be able to add personal bank accounts. Copilots will also receive their assigned user's action items (such as missing business items) along with their own action items in weekly digest.
What can the Copilot user see?
The Copilot can see their own transaction as an employee, in addition to the transactions and related information for the user(s) who have assigned them as Copilot. Copilots are not able to see activity beyond their designated scope, even if they are assigned to an Admin user.
Who can assign themselves a Copilot?
Any user can assign one or more Copilot users to their own Ramp account. One user can have multiple Copilots. Admins can assign any user as a Copilot to any other user on Ramp.
Who can be a Copilot?
Any user can be granted Copilot permissions. Additionally, a user can be assigned as Copilot to multiple other users.
How do I assign my Copilot?
If you are a a Ramp user, you can assign your own Copilot by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/profile
- At the bottom of the page, under Copilot Role, begin typing the name of your Copilot
- Click on the user you want to assign, and you're done!
As an Admin user, how do I assign Copilots to others?
If you are an Admin, you can assign Copilots to other users by following these steps:
- Visit https://app.ramp.com/settings/people
- Select the user who needs a Copilot assigned to them, then click Edit Profile
- Scroll down on the Edit Profile drawer and begin typing the Copilot's name in the "Who is your copilot" field
- Click on the Copilot you want to assign, and you're done!
I'm a Copilot, how do I view my manager's transactions?
On your side bar, you'll now have a section titled "Copilot" with a list of users who have designated you as their Copilot. Just click on this section and select the user you want to view!
As a Copilot, you will also be notified of your manager's missing items in your weekly "Missing Items" email.