Ramp integrates with your HRIS system so you can automatically invite and manage employees on Ramp. Here is how it works:
- Ramp will connect to your HRIS system and pull the list of employees.
- Select employees you want to invite on Ramp.
- Map employee information to Ramp, including their department, location, role, and manager relationships.
- Click invite - and done!
- On a daily basis, Ramp will check your HRIS system with any changes and prompt you to make the necessary changes on the Ramp side, including:
- New employees to invite.
- Terminated employees to remove.
- If you have automatic updates enabled, we will automatically change employee information (location and department) or reporting structure (manager relationship) on Ramp to mirror what is on your HRIS provider.
- We will do this daily when we check for updates on your HRIS system
Note: For Rippling, please refer to this article (link)
To set up your HR software on Ramp:
- Head to your Settings -> Integrations -> HR Integration
- Search for or select your HR provider.
- You’ll then be prompted to enter your login credentials for your HR provider. Enter your admin credentials and submit. Once the connection is established, you will receive a confirmation email.
** To ensure a successful connection we suggest making sure the HR integration is being performed by someone that has full admin access in the HR platform itself.
How to Invite
Once the connection to your HRIS provider is successful, you will receive an email confirming the connection and identifying how many current employees are not yet Ramp users. This email will only be sent to the individual who completed your HR Integration with Ramp. If you want to change this (i.e. send HRIS update emails to another email), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: HR Integration related emails are only sent to one Ramp Admin.
Navigate to Company > People > Select the 3 vertical buttons to invite
To invite new employees in bulk, click on Team Updates -> To Invite
From here you can search and filter for specific employee and make bulk selections using the checkboxes next to each user.
If you know a specific employee will not be invited to Ramp, you can click on the three dots next to their name → Remove Suggestion. If you change your mind in the future, this employee can still be invited to Ramp.
Once you’ve selected the users you want to invite to Ramp, click on “Review X Invites”
(Pro-tip: if you want the manager to auto-populate, the manager will either have to already be on Ramp or have to be invited through the same bulk invite)
Ramp will pull the following information from your HR System for each employee:
- Name, Email, and Phone Number
- Direct Manager (if manager on HRIS is either already on Ramp or invited through the same bulk invite)
- Employment status
- Start date - Termination date (to flag when an employee has been terminated)
- Employee ID
- Company Name
Note: We do NOT pull any compensation information. Feel free to not give Ramp any permissions related to compensation. Additionally, if you've enabled custom fields, we may pull additional fields in based on the configuration.
If a specific Department or Location does not exist in Ramp (and the naming matches), we will highlight these fields in red. Ramp Admins can quickly create these Departments / Locations from the drop-downs for each field, or assign the Employee to an already existing Ramp Department / Location. If you choose to create a new Department or Location, Ramp will map it to the associated Department / Location in your HR Integration for future invites and updates.
Adding cards to invite: Admins can either add the default card program (one that gets added to all new users) or not add any card program to the user.
Note: All fields need to be filled out to send the invites. If you haven't filled in the fields, you can select Skip Invite (the Trash Can icon next to their name) for that user to not include them in this bulk invite.
Admins can take actions on pending invites from the “Pending” tab. The “bell” icon sends a reminder email to the associated employee. The “trash can” icon will revoke the invitation.
Ramp will surface terminated employees in your HR System in the “Terminate” tab. From here you can either lock the employee’s Ramp account or remove it altogether. Removing an employee’s Ramp account will terminate their cards.
If you have enabled automatic updates, we will update information on Ramp depending on whats on your HRIS provider daily! To enable, all you have to do is:
- Go to Settings -> Integrations -> HR Integrations
- Enable the Automatically Sync Organization Changes toggle
When enabled, Ramp will update your employee records daily based on any changes made in your HR System. This includes changes to your Employee’s Manager, Location, and/or Department.
Note: When enabled, this will override any manual adjustments you have made in Ramp regarding your Employee’s Card Manager, Department, and Location. This feature is available on a per field basis so if you want to maintain updates for Department and Location, but set different Managers within Ramp vs. your HRIS provider, turn on Auto-sync and in the next step, toggle off Manager updates.
Providers include: ADP, BambooHR, Freshteam, Gusto, Hibob, HR Cloud, HR Partner, Hummans.io, Justworks, Lano, Namely, Nmbrs, Paychex, Paylocity, Personio, Proliant, Rippling, Sage HR, SAP SuccessFactors, Sapling, Square Payroll, TriNet, UKG Pro, UKG Ready, Workday, Ceredian Dayforce, Zenefits, and more
Note: to connect Paylocity, please follow these steps (link).
List of employees is not complete: This is usually the case when the person who connected to the HRIS provider does not have full admin access on the HRIS provider
Credentials are wrong when they are not: This may happen when someone has more than one company associated with that email. The solution is to create a dummy admin account that is connected to only one company and initiate the connection
My email is connected to multiple companies: Same solution as above