Ramp's Spend Programs (previously Card Programs) feature allows your company to create a set of card controls, and issue those cards to your employees at scale. Spend Programs make it easier than ever to onboard new employees, and manage card packages (like well-being, per diem, WFH stipend, etc.)
Creating and Editing Spend Programs
- In your navigation pane, click Spend Programs
- Click on New Spend Program, or choose an existing Spend Program to edit
- Fill in and edit the program's required settings, such as a name, description, thumbnail, card issuing, amount, frequency, and more. (More settings details below)
- Click Create Spend Program, and you're all set!
- After the program is created and you'd like to add additional users, you can click into the Spend Program from the main Spend Program page, click the Issue Cards button at the bottom right, and specify additional users in the Who's it for? field. You may assign to specific users, by location, or by department.
Spend Program Settings
When creating or editing a Spend Program, you'll have a few different options for settings. Below is a quick walkthrough of each setting:
Program Name, Description, and Thumbnail - the program's name and thumbnail will be shown to users, so give your Spend Programs some details that help users understand what each card is for.
Issue by default to new users - updating this setting will ensure that a card from this program is automatically issued to the users you specify by department, location, or all employees added to your Ramp account, regardless of role (for more info about inviting new users, check out this article)
Allow users to request cards for this program - updating this setting will allow users you specify by department, location, or all employees to request cards that are tied to this Spend Program (for more info about requesting cards, check out this article)
Card Basics, Controls, and Expense Policy - these settings mirror regular card settings, such as enable linking to a physical card, allowing reimbursements to be submitted towards the program, and can be configured in the same way (see Controlling Spend with Ramp Cards for more info).
Spend Program FAQ's
Can I link or detach existing cards to or from a spend program?
Yes! Just head to the card you want to link, click the edit icon, and scroll to down to where it says "Add to Program". Similarly, you can select "Detach from Program" if the card is currently linked.
Can cardholders request edits to their cards, if the cards are part of a spend program?
No, cardholders will not be able to edit or request edits to their cards, if those cards are part of a spend program. However, any admin or card manager will be able to edit these cards, which they can do directly in the Cards tab of their Ramp account.