Ramp offers a Universal CSV Adapter to allow our clients to integrate Ramp with virtually any accounting software that accepts CSV imports. By using our Universal CSV Adapter you can upload your chart of accounts and benefit from Ramp’s transactional coding automation to reduce your time spent reconciling expenses each month. See below for instructions on how to get set up.
Navigate to Accounting and choose “All Other Providers”
Choose/Create your Liability Account that you want Ramp transactions to post to in your accounting software. Then, enter the Account ID and Account Name in the designated fields on Ramp.
Upload the Accounting Information you would like to use to code your transactions (Chart of Accounts, Departments, Locations, Classes, Customers/Projects, etc). The minimum requirement is your Chart of Accounts.
Choose which list of information you would like to upload. Click on the appropriate step based on which list you’d like to upload and then download and fill out the template provided by Ramp and upload the completed template (minus the example we provide) in the designated upload area.
- Each template has two required columns of information (Column A is Account/Segment ID # and Column B is Account Name). If you do not use ID#s in your Accounting Software, please duplicate the Account Names in both columns.
- For your Chart of Accounts, we advise you to only include the Accounts that would be associated with corporate card transactions.
- When uploading your lists to Ramp, please make sure there are no duplicately named Accounts.
Updating your Chart of Accounts in Ramp
- You can update your lists of information whenever you would like. We advise keeping a master copy of your templates for this purpose. Any time you add/remove an item, simply reupload the updated template to Ramp. Any mapping rules you created previously will not be impacted (unless you deleted an Account associated with a rule, at which time that rule would be deleted).
- To update your information on Ramp just log in → Accounting → Accounting Setup → GL Data → Click on the list you’d like to update and follow the prompt on screen