Before proceeding, make sure you are signed in as an Administrator on NetSuite, and that you are a Bookkeeper or Admin on Ramp.
*Note: If the SUBSIDIARIES feature is not enabled in your NetSuite account, please follow the steps outlined in this doc (link)
- Hover over Setup -> Company and click Enable Features. Then click the SuiteCloud tab.
- Ensure that the checkboxes for SOAP WEB SERVICES, REST WEB SERVICES, and TOKEN BASED AUTHENTICATION are checked.
- Click Save.
- Click the SuiteApps button at the top of the screen in NetSuite.
- Find the Ramp SuiteApp and click it.
- Note: This will only work if you have subsidiaries enabled on NS. If you do not, please follow these instructions (link).
- Click Install, and wait for the SuiteApp to finish installing.
- Hover over Setup -> Users/Roles and click Manage Users.
- Find the row corresponding to your Administrator user, and click your name.
- Click Edit, then scroll down and click the Access tab of the table in the bottom half of the page.
- Add a row for the Ramp Accountant role to your user, and click Save.
- Hover over Customization ->Scripting and click Script Deployments.
- Find the row with customdeploy_ramp_restlet and click View.
- Copy the text that is of the form script=111&deploy=1 (your numbers may vary) at the end of the EXTERNAL URL. Save this somewhere for use later.
- In the same EXTERNAL URL, copy your account ID (the digits at the beginning, in this example 1234567) and save for use later.
- Sign out of NetSuite once, and sign back in.
- Sign into Ramp and click the Accounting tab on the left. Click NetSuite.
- Select your NetSuite Version (this can be found at the bottom of your NetSuite homepage, next to where it says "NetSuite Release") from the dropdown. Select your NetSuite Edition from the dropdown. IMPORTANT NOTE: If your NetSuite account supports the concept of Subsidiary, even if you do not use multiple subsidiaries, please select OneWorld (to determine if this is the case, hover over Setup -> Company and see if Subsidiaries appears anywhere in the list). Otherwise, select Standard.
- In the Account ID field enter the account ID that you saved earlier. In the RESTlet Deployment URL field, enter the value that you saved earlier which was of the form script=111&deploy=1, in this example. The completed form looks like the following:
- Click Save & Continue.
- In the NetSuite authorization screen, before you click Allow, make sure you click Choose Role on the row corresponding to the Ramp Accountant role.
- Click Allow.
- Once redirected back to Ramp, click Step 2.
- If the NetSuite edition you selected was Standard, simply click Create Accounts (this may take several seconds). Once that is done click Start Coding Expenses. At this point, you're done! Ramp and NetSuite should be connected.
- If the edition you selected was OneWorld, then select the subsidiaries you would like to use in Ramp (this can be edited later), and then click Create Accounts (this may take several seconds). NOTE: for each subsidiary you use in Ramp, we will create a GL account of type Credit Card in NetSuite which corresponds to that subsidiary. This is the liability account that we will use to sync transactions to that subsidiary from Ramp. Please do not edit the name of this account in NetSuite, but feel free to change the account number (which by default will be the same as the name).
- Click Step 3 and select a Default Subsidiary for use in Ramp (this can be edited later).
- Click Save & Continue and then Start Coding Expenses, and you're done! Ramp and NetSuite should be connected.
- Note: For the Netsuite Merchant category, Ramp will not pull in Netsuite vendors labeled as 'individuals'