Before proceeding, make sure you are signed in as an Administrator on NetSuite, and that you are a Bookkeeper or Admin on Ramp.
- Open Netsuite, hover over Setup -> Company and see if Subsidiaries appears anywhere in the list.
- If it does, then continue to Step 1 below.
- If Subsidiaries is not enabled for your Netsuite account, DO NOT PROCEED. Instead, go to our no-subsidiaries guide and follow the steps there.
- Hover over Setup -> Company and click Enable Features. Then click the SuiteCloud tab.
- Ensure that the checkboxes for SOAP WEB SERVICES, REST WEB SERVICES, and TOKEN BASED AUTHENTICATION are checked (note that the latter checkbox is under 'Manage Authentication, rather than SuiteTalk)
- Click Save.
- Click the SuiteApps button at the top of the screen in NetSuite.
- Find the Ramp SuiteApp and click it.
Note: This will only work if you have subsidiaries enabled on NS. If you do not, please follow these instructions (link).
- To check whether you have this, within NS, hover over Setup -> Company and see if Subsidiaries appears anywhere in the list. If it does, then please continue with these instructions
- Click Install, and wait for the SuiteApp to finish installing.
- Hover over Setup -> Accounting and click Accounting Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Classifications section.
- Configure preferences such that:
- Make Departments Mandatory = Unchecked
- Make Classes Mandatory = Unchecked
- Make Locations Mandatory = Unchecked
- Allow per-line Departments = Checked
- Allow per-line Classes = Checked
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Hover over Setup -> Users/Roles and click Manage Users.
- Find the row corresponding to your Administrator user, and click your name.
- Click Edit, then scroll down and click the Access tab of the table in the bottom half of the page.
- Add a row for the Ramp Accountant role to your user, and click Save.
- Hover over Customization ->Scripting and click Script Deployments.
- Find the row with customdeploy_ramp_restlet and click View.
- Copy the text that is of the form script=111&deploy=1 (your numbers may vary) at the end of the EXTERNAL URL. Save this somewhere for use later.
- In the same EXTERNAL URL, copy your account ID (the digits at the beginning and any leading letters if applicable, in this example 1234567) and save for use later.
- Sign out of NetSuite once, and sign back in.
- Sign into Ramp and click the Accounting tab on the left. Click NetSuite.
- Select your NetSuite Version (this can be found at the bottom of your NetSuite homepage, next to where it says "NetSuite Release") from the dropdown. Select your NetSuite Edition from the dropdown. IMPORTANT NOTE: If your NetSuite account supports the concept of Subsidiary, even if you do not use multiple subsidiaries, please select OneWorld (to determine if this is the case, hover over Setup -> Company and see if Subsidiaries appears anywhere in the list). Otherwise, select Standard.
- In the Account ID field enter the account ID that you saved earlier. In the RESTlet Deployment URL field, enter the value that you saved earlier which was of the form script=111&deploy=1, in this example. The completed form looks like the following:
- Click Save & Continue.
- In the NetSuite authorization screen, before you click Allow, make sure you click Choose Role on the row corresponding to the Ramp Accountant role.
- Click Allow.
- Once redirected back to Ramp, you will configure your multi-entity settings. If you were not redirected, please head to "Settings" on the bottom left and find the entities menu.
- Note: the default entity selected will apply to ALL existing transactions and reimbursements.
- For the full set of instructions as well as additional information, please reference this article.
For each segment you want to view and code in Ramp, the segment must be viewable on the Credit Card, Bill and/or Bill Payment Forms, and the following permissions set for the Ramp Accountant Role:
- Value Management Access: Full
- Record Access: Edit
- Search/Reporting Access: Edit.
To view custom segments, on NetSuite, go to Customization -> Lists, Records, & Fields -> Custom Segments. Then click edit next to the segment you'd like to view on Ramp and add the permissions in the Permissions tab layed out above (picture below).