Ramp offers the ability to restrict which merchants your company's Ramp cards can transact with or be charged by.
Whether this is to prevent a merchant from charging you again, prevent employees from transacting with certain merchants, or only allow certain merchants on a card, this will help control and monitor your companies spend.
There are two-levels of a merchant restriction on Ramp: one at the card level, and one at the company level.
To restrict merchants on a single card:
- Select the card you wish to add the merchant restriction to.
- Click Edit Card.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Controls section and click on Category & Merchant Controls (All) field:
From there, you can choose either which merchants are blocked on a Ramp card, or which merchants should only be able to transact on that card.
- For example, you may not want this card to transact at Amazon: use Block Merchants and add "Amazon" to prevent Amazon charges from being made.
- Alternatively, if you wanted a card to only be able to be used at Amazon (such as making a vendor-specific card), you would use Allow Merchants and add "Amazon" to block all other merchants.
Save your changes and then you'll be all set!
Company Merchant Restrictions
Want to make sure no one at your company spends at a certain merchant? We now have a global restriction setting that blocks charges from added merchants, across all your company's Ramp cards!
To access this global restriction list:
- Head to your Settings - Expense Policy page.
- Click on Spend Guidelines.
- Click on Company Merchant Restrictions:
- Add the merchants you wish to block globally and you're all set!