Once employees submit their reimbursements, you'll see them on the Pending and Needs Review tab. You can click in and easily review reimbursements.
While the reimbursement is pending, managers, bookkeepers, assistants and admins may edit any reimbursement field. You may do so by clicking on the reimbursement and clicking the "Edit" button in the footer at the bottom of the drawer.
When reimbursement fields are edited after the 1st level of approvals has been made, at the 2nd layer of approvals, the approval chain may reset. Simply click on the edit icon.
Below is the logic by which the chain resets:
- The chain resets when these fields are edited: Amount, currency, spend limit, trip, and/or mileage
- The chain will not reset when these fields are edited: Date, merchant, memo, additional fields
After a reimbursement has been approved and before the payment begins processing, admins and owners have the ability to cancel the reimbursement payment from the reimbursement drawer in case of mistakes in approval, payment method, or bank issues. This will both cancel and reject the reimbursement. Note: Assistants may not cancel reimbursements.
Bulk Approving Reimbursements
Admins and managers may bulk approve reimbursements by selecting the check boxes next to each reimbursement. After clicking "Approve", you'll be prompted to confirm your selection.
Foreign Transaction Reimbursements
If an employee spends in a different currency than USD, they can let you know when they submit their reimbursement.
The employee will see the estimated USD they will receive, and you'll see a globe icon letting you know the amount in the transaction's original currency.
Admins and managers will see USD-equivalent amounts for reimbursements paid out in foreign currencies. Hovering over the globe icon will show you the amount in the transaction's original currency.
If the employee both had a foreign transaction and needs to be paid out in a foreign currency (ex. your Canadian employee spends GBP on a work trip to London), you'll see both the transaction's original currency and the currency they will be paid out on hover.
Note that international reimbursements are not enabled in Nevada or for financial services businesses due to local regulations and partner restrictions.
Reimbursement Payment Options
- ACH Pay: Approve and pay back the employee via ACH on Ramp. Your employee will have to enter their bank details to have this option.
- Wire Pay: Approve and pay back the employee via International Wire on Ramp. Your employee will have to enter their international bank details to have this option.
- Manual Pay: Approve for manual payment, and pay outside of Ramp.
- Reject: You can reject the reimbursement request with an optional note that's sent to the employee.
Why can't I reimburse an employee directly via Ramp?
Make sure that you've enabled ACH payments in your Reimbursement Settings.
If an employee hasn't added their personal bank account details, you won't be able to pay them directly via Ramp.
What's the difference between the Pending and Needs Review tab?
- Admins will see reimbursements in the Pending tab rather than Needs Review tab if they are not the next person in line to approve
- The Needs Review tab will show the reimbursements the Manager or Admin is directly responsible for approving
How do I approve any reimbursements as an Admin?
Admins have the ability to can approve pending reimbursements from any employee (even if not the direct manager) by clicking into them, scrolling down to the bottom, and clicking on the 3 dots. From there, you'll be given the option to bypass the manager's approval.