To approve businesses and provide up-to-date limits for customers, Ramp needs a live view of your bank balance. If we are unable to connect directly with your bank, we ask you to set up a view-only user on your bank account and provide Ramp with those credentials.
This read-only account should only have permission to view your account balance and statements, which will enable Ramp to set an appropriate limit for your company. Ramp will not have the ability to move money or transact on your behalf with this read-only account. Ramp encrypts and stores these credentials safely.
Here is how to set it up:
- Log in to your bank’s website and navigate to their “User Management” section. If your bank does not allow you to create your own users, please ask your banking representative to assist you.
- Create a new user. When prompted, set the following credentials:
- First and last name: Ramp Card
- Username: rampCompanyname (e.g. rampAcme)
- Email: email@example.com (e.g. banking+Acme@ramp.com). If your bank does not accept + signs in email, use firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: (207) 548-5918
- Address: 36 E 12th St, New York, NY 10003
- Set the permissions of this to view current balances and statements. Make sure to select all the relevant accounts you want Ramp to take into consideration.
- Once the user has been saved, send the credentials and the following information to email@example.com
- Company ID: If your company uses a company ID to login, please provide it
- Password: If prompted, set a password to something simple. We will update the password to a secure password once we
- Website: Please include the URL of the website where you login
Once a Ramp representative has logged in and confirmed that we can view the required information, the bank account will be added to your Ramp account.