All Ramp users can now split transactions and reimbursements on Ramp into multiple line items to properly allocate different amounts to different accounts - category, department, location, or any custom fields you need.
How to split a transaction or reimbursement
No setup is required to split expenses or out-of-pocket costs. Here are the 2 ways to split:
1) From the Transaction Drawer or Reimbursement Drawer
Once you've navigated to a transaction or reimbursement, scroll to the section "Accounting" and click "Split". Add as many lines as you need.
- Amounts must add up to the transaction or reimbursement total.
- Each line can be coded differently by category, department, location, and also any custom fields.
2) From the Accounting Page
Select the transaction or reimbursement, then click "Split Transaction" or "Split Reimbursement" by clicking the three dots button at the bottom of the Accounting page.
Note: For reimbursements, users cannot edit a split post submission. For international mileage reimbursements, the split amount will show in USD.
Which fields are splittable?
Fields are splittable based on how you have configured your accounting provider. You may split any field that your ERP allows. Fields fall into two different buckets:
- Non-splittable fields. These fields can be set like any other field in your transaction or reimbursement. These can be set at the transaction or reimbursement level, and will appear in your accounting platform once synced.
- Splittable fields. All splittable fields appear under each line item section:
How to edit a split
Splits can be updated in the table view to adjust amounts, categories, and other fields. However, a split transaction can only be saved if all split lines are valid. Once a transaction is split, it will be updated on your accounting dashboard by the merchant name.
Which platforms support this?
This feature is compatible for all accounting providers