Ramp automatically matches the receipts you send to firstname.lastname@example.org to your transactions. For customers that want to save even more time, you can now setup forwarding rules in your email account that will automatically forward receipts to Ramp.
Here are two options with instructions for Gmail:
Option 1 - Use selected email forwarding
- Add email@example.com as forwarding address in Gmail by clicking here
- Create a filter that catches emails with receipts associated with your Ramp card. You can do this by clicking on an example email and selecting "Filter messages like these". Gmail instructions here.
- Select Implement a forwarding rule for all emails in that filter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Gmail instructions here.
4. Afterwards, Ramp will confirm your ability to forward receipts to Ramp (this may take up to two hours)
Option 2 - Use email alias for receipts
For customers that send receipts to centralized aliases like "email@example.com", we allow forwarding to Ramp accounts automatically.
- Create the alias (likely contacting your system admin) - e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Select this alias as the billing email address for each of the vendors you paying with your Ramp card.
- Add that alias to your ramp account as an authorized receipt sender (Go to Settings --> Your Profile -> Receipt Forwarding). Note: receipts send to that authorized email will also be considered to be matched on transactions across the company. So you only need to add it to one profile for it to apply to everyone.
- Setup a forwarding rule to automatically send all receipts from your alias to Ramp (see #1 above).
Then you're all set! Receipts will get automatically forwarded and Ramp will match receipts automatically and send you confirmations.