Ramp automatically matches the receipts you send to firstname.lastname@example.org to your transactions. For customers who want to save even more time, you can now set up forwarding rules in your email account that'll automatically forward receipts to Ramp.
If you are looking for how to forward receipts from your personal email, you can add a personal forwarding email from your profile. More information here.
Here are two options with instructions for Gmail:
Option 1: Use selected email forwarding
- Add email@example.com as a forwarding address in Gmail by clicking here
Create a filter that catches emails with receipts associated with your Ramp card. You can do this by clicking on an example email and selecting 'Filter messages like these' - Gmail instructions can be found here.
- Select Implement a forwarding rule for all emails in that filter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Gmail instructions can be found here.
4. Afterwards, you should be all set!
Option 2: Use email alias for receipts
For customers that send receipts to centralized aliases like "email@example.com", we allow forwarding to Ramp accounts automatically.
- Create the alias (likely contacting your system admin) - e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Select this alias as the billing email address for each of the vendors you pay with your Ramp card
- Add that alias to your Ramp account as an authorized receipt sender - Go to 'Settings' > 'Personal Settings' > 'Edit Profile'. Note: receipts sent to that authorized email will also be considered to be matched on transactions across the company. So you only need to add it to one profile for it to apply to everyone.
- Set up a forwarding rule to automatically send all receipts from your alias to Ramp (see step #1 from above).
Then you're all set! Receipts will get automatically forwarded and Ramp will match receipts automatically and send you confirmations. If we don't find a match with your transactions, we'll also search transactions across the company for a match.