At Ramp, we make it easy to monitor spend and flag any charges that are potentially fraudulent or require a dispute with the merchant within the dashboard.
In the event of suspected fraudulent activity or issues with the merchant, please follow these steps:
- Lock your card. All customers have the ability to lock any of their cards at any time by clicking on the card on your Ramp dashboard and then selecting “Lock Card”. This will prevent any further charges on the card.
- Reach out to the merchant involved. Next, we ask that the customer first reach out to the merchant involved in the suspected fraudulent transaction to attempt to resolve the issue with them. This is always the fastest way to overturn a transaction.
- Flag the transaction on your Ramp dashboard. Open the transaction on your Ramp Dashboard and click the three flag icon and then "Dispute Transaction". This will open a ticket directly with our team to begin remediation. If the Flag button is unavailable - that may be due to the transaction being marked as out-of-policy! Please have a manager or admin click Approve on the transaction to clear the out-of-policy status!
- If you cannot access your Ramp dashboard, contact Ramp support so that our team can investigate and assist you in disputing unauthorized or fraudulent charges with Visa. We will also terminate your card and can assist in creating a new virtual or physical card.
How to Flag a Transaction
- Click on the transaction in question
- Click the red Flag button
- Click on the Dispute Transaction option
- Confirm the information and select what is wrong from the following options:
- Incorrect charge for purchase
- Unauthorized charge
- I don't recognize this charge
- Incorrect merchant information
- Fill out the form to add any additional context. The more relevant information you provide or clear with the situation you are, the better we can process your dispute at Ramp.
- Click Submit Dispute to finish!
This will submit a request to our support team that will process this request to file a dispute with Visa and the merchant. We may also follow up if we require additional information to process this dispute.
Please note that after a dispute is filed, it may take up to 90 days to resolve, and the resolution for the dispute will ultimately be determined by Visa.
We do not allow disputes on pending transactions. The reason for this is that the amount sometimes changes/gets reverted before the transaction clears. In the event you are experiencing fraud and have pending transactions, please lock your card and contact Ramp support.
If the dispute is resolved in your favor, we will issue credit towards your Ramp account to offset the original charge (we do not remove the original charge to give visibility over all transactions that have occurred). This credit will appear as a negative value transaction. Do not dispute these negative value transactions as they are not eligible for dispute.