Ramp's Ironclad integration enables businesses to connect their Ramp account to their Ironclad account. After connection, add Ironclad workflows to approval policies and automatically launch Ironclad workflows as a part of the purchase request review process. Ramp will store contracts and documents from completed Ironclad workflows with approved requests.
- Connect Ramp to Ironclad
- Add Ironclad workflow to your approval policy
- Automatically launch Ironclad workflows on purchase requests
- Sync contracts and documents from completed workflows
- Manually launch workflows in case of an error
Connect Ramp to Ironclad
Note: You'll need both Ramp Admin and Ironclad Admin permissions to set up the integration.
- In Ramp, go to Settings → Integrations → Contract lifecycle management.
- Click on Ironclad and click "Integrate with Ironclad"
- In the Ironclad consent screen, choose the Ironclad instance that you'd like to launch workflows in and click "Allow access."
- You've successfully integrated Ramp with Ironclad!
Important: For the Ironclad workflows you'd like to launch automatically via Ramp's integration, please add an optional and locked field named "Ramp ID" to the workflow.
Learn more on Ironclad's help center article on how to add locked fields in the workflow designer.
Add Ironclad workflow to your approval policy
Now that you've connected Ramp with Ironclad, you can add Ironclad workflow as a step in your approval policy. You can add Ironclad workflows to individual spend programs on Ramp.
- In Ramp, go to Spend programs tab and choose either an existing spend program or create a new spend program to add Ironclad workflow step.
- Customize the questions you'd like to ask your employees. Learn more about Ramp Procurement here.
- In the final step of the spend program flow, you'll see "Who needs to approve spend requests?" This is where you'll add the Ironclad workflow step.
- Click "Edit" on the top right to open the approval policy editor.
- In the approval policy editor, click "Add" and choose the "Launch Ironclad workflow" option where you'd like to add the Ironclad policy.
- Choose the Ironclad workflow you'd like to use as a part of your Ramp approval.
- Once you've selected the Ironclad workflow, click "Configure" to map over your Ramp request form questions to Ironclad workflow questions.
- Note: Ironclad doesn't tell Ramp which questions in the workflow are required so it's important to open the Ironclad workflow and map over all required questions.
- In the "Ramp fields" column, choose the corresponding question in your Ramp request form. If there isn't one, you can easily add the question for the specific question type (e.g. File upload).
- Note: If you have a dropdown question in Ironclad, please make sure to include those options in the Ramp single-select or multi-select question. Ironclad doesn't tell Ramp what the options are and the workflow will error if it doesn't have the right options.
- Once you've mapped over all of your required questions, click "Save."
- Note: Table, object, and duration are not supported within Ramp yet. If this is an issue for you, please email email@example.com.
- Click the green "Save and close" button in the "Launch Ironclad workflow" box.
- Click "Save workflow" in the top right corner. You'll now see the final approval policy that includes your Ironclad workflow step.
- Click "Next" and either create the new spend program or update the existing spend program.
Automatically launch Ironclad workflows on purchase requests
- When an employee now goes to request your new spend program (in our case, Software Procurement), they'll see that the Ironclad workflow will be launched.
- Once Elizabeth approves the request, the Ironclad workflow will be automatically launched. You'll be able to open the workflow that was launched directly in Ironclad. You'll also see the history in the "Activity" tab.
- As the Ironclad workflow is reviewed by your legal team, Ramp will automatically sync back updates to the Activity tab to show:
- Approvals in Ironclad
- When Ironclad workflow moves steps from Review to Sign
- Signature status updates
- Once the workflow is fully "Archived" in Ironclad, this will mark the approval step in Ramp as completed. This will complete the request and move to the next step in Ramp (if there's one).
- Congrats, you've successfully launched your first Ironclad workflow automatically with Ramp!
Sync contracts and documents from completed workflows
As shown above, after the contract or document is executed within Ironclad, Ramp will automatically fetch and sync the executed documents in the Ironclad. No more opening multiple tabs to find the contracts when invoices come in.
You can view the contracts and documents in the "Overview" tab of the approved PO in the "Contracts & documents" section. This will also show you a direct link to open the record in Ironclad.
Manually launch workflows in case of an error
If there's an issue with automatically launching the Ironclad workflow, we'll notify the requester that they'll need to manually submit the workflow.
Ramp will automatically pre-fill all mapped information in the draft Ironclad workflow. Requester will need to fill the remaining required questions and submit for legal review on Ironclad.
If this happens multiple times, please review your configuration to include map over all required Ironclad workflow questions to Ramp questions.