The Guest user is a role with limited access to Ramp. This role is great for temporary employees or candidates who need to access spend on Ramp, or request reimbursements, but shouldn't have full access to the platform. Jump to:
What can the Guest user do?
Guests can do the following:
- Access Ramp with any email domain (can bypass SSO)
- Request reimbursement for out-of-pocket spend
- Use virtual cards or spend programs (if issued by a manager or admin)
What the Guest user cannot do:
The Guest user has the most limited access to Ramp. Guest users can NOT:
- Request virtual cards or spend programs
- Receive a physical card
- Use the Ramp mobile application
- View global rules, approval structures, or other employees
- Guests cannot be "promoted" to another role
- Other roles cannot be "demoted" to Guest
Inviting a Guest
Like an Employee, a Guest can be invited to Ramp by Admins and Managers. A Guest must be invited to Ramp as a new user and cannot be "switched" to/from another role. To change a Guest's role, the Guest account needs to be terminated and re-invited to Ramp with a new account.