With Ramp, you can reimburse your international employees in their local currency across 70+ countries!
Our international reimbursements feature allows for employees to request reimbursements to their international bank account for out-of-pocket expenses. This is especially helpful for employees who live outside of the United States, as they can now request reimbursements to their international bank account.
How this works:
- Employees add their international bank accounts on Ramp
- Employees submits reimbursement and specifies the currency of the transaction. Note: they will always be reimbursed in the local currency of their bank account.
- Once the reimbursement is approved, a payment will be taken from your US bank account to cover the reimbursement.
Supported Countries and Currencies for International Reimbursements:
- We use competitive currency conversion rates from Open Exchange based on the transaction date that can be found here
- International reimbursements are always processed as an EFT
- Employees will never incur costs for using International Reimbursements
- Employees will see their local currency
- Admins will see the receipt amount and the payee amount. If either the payee amount or statement amount differs from the receipt amount, Ramp will show a modal with the itemized amounts
- International mileage reimbursements are currently available for the following countries on both the web and mobile iOS experience: Canada, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany and France. Ramp automatically reimburses international employees at their respective country's mileage reimbursement rate.