Setting up your Advisor Console instance
- Invite in your staff to the Advisor Console. Go to the Team Members tab and click Invite Team or Bulk Invite. Learn more here.
- Connect your Ramp clients. Go to the Clients tab and click Add a client. Learn more here.
- Assign staff to the clients they need access to. You can choose what level of access they have: Admin, Bookkeeper or AP Clerk. Learn more here.
- Refer new clients to Ramp. Just click the Add a client button in your Clients tab.
Getting onto the Advisor Console - at least 1 Ramp client
If you have at least one client already on Ramp and you don't have access to the Advisor Console, you should ask a Ramp client to invite you in as their Accounting Firm. This will trigger an invitation to apply and get onto the Console.
Your client should just log into the Ramp app, go to People in the navigation bar, and navigate to the Accounting Firms tab. Select Invite Accounting Firm from the options menu (top-right), and then enter in your email address. The email address will need to be associated with a work domain in order for the invitation to go through. (You can also send them this link with instructions).
You'll receive an invitation in your inbox, and should follow the instructions from there to set up your Advisor Console instance for your firm.
Once you've created an account, your client's Connection Request will show up in your new Advisor Console. You'll just need to accept it in order to gain access to your client's account.
Getting onto the Advisor Console - no Ramp clients
Otherwise, if you don't have at least one client on Ramp, getting access to an Advisor Console account requires you to get in touch with our Accounting Partnerships team. To connect with our team, go to this page.
Once you've signed up, our team will be in touch with next steps for onboarding to the console.
I received an email saying that my accounting firm is already on Ramp, and that I need to contact my firm Admin to get onto the Advisor Console. I don't know who my firm Admin is?
Please reach out to our team via the "Help" button on this article and select that you are an existing Ramp customer. We can get in touch with your Console Admin and make sure you get invited into your firm's Console, and get access to your client.
A client invited in an accountant from our firm, but they didn't automatically get invited into our Console. Why not?
We resolve customer invites directly to the Accounting Firm's Advisor Console, based on a domain match with the email invited in. If the accountant isn't on their Console, but their Accounting Firm is, then we send out a few emails:
- We email the Advisor Console Admins about the connection request from the client
- We email the Advisor Console Admins that they should invite the accountant into their Advisor Console
- We email the accountant that they should ask their firm Admins to get added to their Advisor Console
Ultimately, the Console Admins will need to invite in their staff into the Advisor Console and grant them access to the client(s).
I need different permissions / access levels to my client, but I don't know how to update those access levels
- First, double check with your client that they've provided your firm with the right permissions. You can send them this Help Center article, under the section "Checking and changing your Accounting Firm's access to your account."
- Once you've confirmed the client has granted your firm with the needed permissions, then you'll need to ask your Console Admin to assign you the right access via the Console. If you're not sure who you're Console Admin is, you can always check by going to the Team tab in the Console.
Is the Advisor Console free?
Yes! We provide the Advisor Console to all partners, at no cost.